Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Lunar Eclipse - and the Flu...

So Tuesday evening, Uncle Todd (who lives with us) came home from work and reminded us that the lunar eclipse was starting. Erika was at soccer practice but Hailey & Kelcie were very interested in the whole process - a shout out to Uncle Todd for being a wealth of lunar eclipse information! We discovered that if we turned the lights out and pulled up the blinds, the girls had a great view from the dining room window!



Hopefully you can see something here! Anyway, the girls dined by moonlight while they watched the eclipse unfold. I ran outside to take a picture 'cause I thought it was pretty cool too!

Then wednesday afternoon I came down with a horrible case of whatever flu-thing is going around - ugh!! Misery!! Eric also came down with his own version of it in the night and we were both pathetic on thursday altho he did manage to drag himself into work anyway. Erika is down with it today - I hope that will be the last of it but we'll see. Seems like everyone we know is on their second or third round of some kind of cold/flu/bronchitis/strep throat thing. Eric had a strong case of laryngitis for about 4 days and even now doesn't sound that great. Needless to say, we're looking forward to spring so we can throw open the windows and air out our house! The weatherman is calling for 70's by the end of next week - I LOVE that spring comes early to Vegas!

2 comments:

Rachel H. said...

i'd forgotten about the eclipse, what fun for the girls!

Melinda McBride said...

WE MISSED YOU AT BOOK CLUB! It just wasn't the same. There were so many questions asked that I thought "I would LOVE to hear what Amy thinks about that one!" Hope you all get feeling better!