No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. It's just difficult to get to the computer for recreational purposes these days. Let's just say that I'm trying to pull off being Wonder Woman these days and it's not all it's cracked up to be!
Last week was spent sick, sick, sick. The girls and Eric were in various states of being sick and I was was in a permanent state. I'm too new to my job to take any time off so it was all I could do to drag myself in everyday. I finally made it to the doctor (that's a saga in itself) and was diagnosed with a sinus infection so I got a prescription (another saga) and then hunkered down over the weekend to will myself back to health. It mostly worked - I'm now running at about 85% of capacity which is a drastic improvement over last week. I have also realized that I have missed 4 Sundays of church in a row - at what point do you just call yourself inactive? I'm cautiously optimistic that I will be able to make an appearance this coming Sunday. It'll also be my first sunday back in Relief Society after being in Primary and Young Women's for the entire 4 1/2 years we've been in the ward - I imagine I may need to introduce myself when they ask if there's anyone new or visting!
My job is great - going well. Nice school, nice kids, nice people to work with. Schedule is great - no complaints there. My own school work for my Masters has taken a dramatic turn for the worse - I started a new class last week and to my shock and dread, it's a research class. Like, teaching me how to do research if I were ever to publish something. I have to basically do two humungous papers and I am completely lost. I feel like I don't have a clue what's going on. Ugh...I'm trudging my way through it, assignment by assignment and I imagine it will turn out alright in the end but I'm really not liking it right now. Fortunately I do get two weeks off for Christmas so I'm counting down the days!
Speaking of Christmas, I am hoping that some Christmas joy and yuletide will work it's way into our house. We've been busy with the sick-thing and all the regular busy stuff that I feel like we haven't been able to get the Christmas joy circulating through the house. My grand ideas of a fun-old-fashioned-homemade-Christmas aren't moving along very quickly but I think I should be able to at least get my supplies bought this week and make some headway on it next week (thanks to the helping hands of my mother!).
So that is an update from our house. I have cute pictures of Erika at her band concert last night (her mouthpiece broke on her clarinet at the last minute and she had to fake her way through the concert - she was so bummed) so I will get those posted soon.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Just an update...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
I am glad you are alive! It is a good thing around this time of year, otherwise it is just depressing! :)
Post a Comment