Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bloody Mary

So any post that is titled "Bloody Mary" must have something to do with Kelcie, right? Right. So a couple of nights ago Kelcie comes creeping into our bedroom, shaking like a leaf (fortunately to Eric's side of the bed). The conversation goes something like this:

Kelcie: Dad, I'm scared, I can't sleep!

Eric: Why are you scared?

Kelcie: Because of Bloody Mary

Eric: ??What's Bloody Mary??

Kelcie: My friend at school told me all about Bloody Mary and now I'm scared.

Eric: Uhhh...what about Bloody Mary?

Kelcie: Well, she told me that if you stand in the dark, holding a knife and say Bloody Mary three times, Bloody Mary's ghost will come to you and cut off your head and I keep thinking about it and it's freaking me out. Can I have a blessing?

Eric: Uhhh...sure...but in the future, whoever tells you stories like that isn't a very good friend so next time, walk away!

Blessing was performed, Bloody Mary was exorcised from the house and Kelcie has slept fine ever since. Geezz...with friends like that, who needs enemies? And I don't think Eric ever dreamed he'd be using his priesthood to drive Bloody Mary nightmares from the dreams of a young, trembling, blond daughter...

3 comments:

The White Clan said...

HA HA HA!!!! I remember bloody mary. Oh the wonderful things you learn as a child! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Shiela Lee said...

LOL! I want pictures of when she tries to do Light As A Feather with Eric!

Honor said...

HAHAHA Ok so that last comment made me laugh for like 5 minutes straight! I remember trying to play that at a sleep over without knowing what exactly we were doing. I didn't realize that it was supposed to be played with your DAD! Duh, so THAT'S what we were doing wrong. Maybe when I go home for Christmas this year....

Really thought Amy, the fact that your daughter's request was for a blessing and not just to climb into bed with you guys says something huge about the kind of parents you are. You're awesome!